Google Analytics introduces Multi-Channel Funnels
Though release is limited, multi-channel funnels is coming to Google Analytics!
Why is this important?
For one, not every conversion (goal) is as straight-forward as…
“customer comes to website > sees product > buys product > everyone’s happy”
– there might be many blushes with the idea of purchasing a product – or signing up for a newsletter, or downloading a white paper.
Understanding what led to a purchase or goal is as important, at times, as reaching the goal.
Someone might conceivably…
- See you mention a new white paper on Facebook, then
- Visit your website, ponder downloading white paper, then
- Signup for your newsletter, then
- Be reminded that white paper exists when receives first newsletter, then
- Downloads white paper.
In this case, the goal would be attributed solely to the email sent to the newsletter recipient. Which isn’t really true; Facebook had something to do with it too!
Enter Multi-Channel Funnels.
Multi-Channel Funnels examines all ‘blushes’ with your marketing message – that’s why it’s so important! These ‘Cross-Media Funnels’ are important in understanding how people in understanding…
- Where a visitor saw you first
- How many times it took them to finally make a decision
- What was the message that ‘triggered’ the conversion
It’s kinda like ‘assists’ in basketball…
Why are assists counted in basketball? Because they’re important. No one plays basketball in a vacuum; assists help make the score.
Not available yet to the general public…
but you can sign up for early access, here!
- Multi-Channel Funnels & Assists Coming To Google Analytics at Search Engine Land
- Google Analytics Multi-Channel Funnels – Analytics Talk by Justin Cutroni